Emerson’s essay
Emerson’s title “self Relience” means to not depend on anyone but yourself. You relie on your own power, you make your own decisions without anyone’s opinion. Also that you believe in yourself, you control yourself. The main idea of this essay is that it’s trying to tell you that it’s only about you, to do what you want and believe in yourself . His main idea was supported by his tone , diction, and syntax because he would add exclamation, question mark, or he would capitalize some words and when we would read it we’d read it with the accent by the way he wrote it and it would make sense. For example, “There will be an agreement in what ever variety of actions, so they be each honest and natural in their house”. What I think this means is that your actions matter, so be honest when you have to and always say the truth. I can use this idea to help me out later on in my life by when I’m in a situation where I need to be honest and say the truth. For example when I go out and keep procrastinating that I’m almost home , I’ll just be honest and say where I’m at.
Comments
Post a Comment